Shafer Equipment Co. LLC is an authorized JLG, Sky Trak, and Genie dealer and rental company serving the Tri-State area. We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative. The Sales Representative is responsible for promoting equipment sales to contractors and industrial users. Duties include maximizing sales by analyzing, planning, and controlling the market objectives and sales opportunities with a plan of accomplishment. He/she will assist customers with equipment recommendations and technology advancements that enable greater productivity. The Sales Rep. will assure all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the sales agreement and monitor customer satisfaction with products. Seeking candidates with a minimum of two years sales experience. Experience in a closely related industry, such as material handling, construction, engineering, or equipment distribution would be a plus.
Requirements for the Sales Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- High mechanical aptitude required; must understand construction phases, job situations, and project conditions for suggestion appropriate products to customers.
- Know the dispatch and equipment availability schedule daily
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Must respond to sales calls and leads directly received and/or leads delegated.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver’s license required, capable of towing and operating equipment for demonstration purposes and potential deliveries.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to learn and be proficient in rental software.
- Create quotes, invoices, and work orders
- Navigate the software to obtain equipment specs and rental/sale prices
- Record customer calls in call log
- View equipment status and availability
- Willing to travel if necessary and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
- Must attend day, evening, and weekend networking and community events to support the growth of the company and customer base as directed.
- Active with local chamber, FCADC, and other organizations; leads on new projects and leads on new prospects
- Assisting in the process of listing equipment entering and listing equipment for sale; photographs, gathering equipment specs and details.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry and maneuver items at least 40 lbs in weight.
- This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto, and under a variety of heavy equipment.
- Ability to load and unload equipment
- Ability to withstand cold and warm weather, rain, snow, and other weather conditions.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- $50,000 Base Annual Salary
- 10% Net Sale Commission
- Health, dental and vision insurance with company contribution and HSA
- Paid time off. Vacation, sick, and personal
- 401(k) Retirement with company match
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Company Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars, and trucks.
Shafer Equipment Co. LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply. Applicants subject to background check.