This is a permanent, full-time role with opportunities for growth and much more. At Shafer Equipment Company, you’ll use your skills to perform maintenance and repairs of complex equipment on company owned and customer owned equipment with limited or no supervision in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools while using a high degree of independent judgment
- Travel to job sites for repair/maintenance of customer and company owned equipment when necessary; must maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Assist in the training of lower-level technicians as needed
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner daily
- Upsell and demonstrate a wide array of complex equipment for customers
- Assist in equipment & parts pick-up and deliveries
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- 5+ years of experience repairing/maintaining equipment and tools
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools
- Knowledge of construction equipment and strong mechanical background knowledge of various engines
- Advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Must own tools applicable to position
- Superior customer service, teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions; rain, snow, hot, cold, etc
This is a Safety Sensitive position for purposes of Shafer Equipment policies and procedures. At Shafer Equipment Company, we are fully committed to helping our employees grow personally and professionally. Our culture is based on our team values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity, and a shared responsibility to build a better experience for our customers and one another.
What’s in it for you?Full Time roles:
- Starting hourly wage $25.00 for qualified individuals
- 40 hours work week
- Overtime possible and likely outside of normal business hours
- Benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, with company contribution and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; and paid time off including sick, personal, and vacation, career training and growth opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Company Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars, and trucks.
- Winter Business hours Monday-Friday 7:00AM-5:00PM, Saturdays By Appointment
- Spring/Summer Business hours Monday-Friday 7:00AM-5:00PM, Saturdays 7:00AM-12:00 Noon
Shafer Equipment Co. LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.